Skip to Content
- 2 pre-made pie dough shells
- 6 seeded and sliced large red apples
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup of Salemville Gorgonzola crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place the pre-made pie dough shells on top of one another and gently roll them out together with a rolling pin until it expands by about 2”-4” more in diameter.
- Transfer the rolled-out pie dough to a cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss together the apples, lemon juice, sugar, and ground cinnamon until combined.
- Place the coated apples right to the center of the rolled-out pie dough into a mound.
- Fold the outside of the pie dough to the center to enclose the crostata while still leaving the center part open.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until the apples are softened and the crust is brown.
- Garnish with gorgonzola crumbles.